POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation Grants Administrator
LOCATED IN: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation (ZSR) is a statewide, private, family foundation dedicated to improving the quality of life for all North Carolinians. The Foundation was established in 1936 as a memorial to Z. Smith Reynolds, the youngest son of R.J. Reynolds. For more than eighty years, the Foundation has been engaged in forward-thinking philanthropy with contributions of $589 million in North Carolina. In June 2018, the Foundation announced All For NC: Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation’s Framework for Grantmaking and Learning. This grantmaking framework aligns with the Foundation’s mission and core values to:
- Support a network of organizations that are working to affect change through a State-Level Systemic Change Strategy;
- Create more connections between people, places, organizations and sectors who are working to impact the communities in which they live through a Community-Based Strategy; and
- Remain open to bold, unconventional or higher-risk ideas that have transformative potential through an Exploratory, Visionary Ideas Strategy.
Alongside these three main strategies, the Foundation also has expressed its commitment to:
- Augment its participation in its hometown of Winston-Salem/Forsyth County,
- Use a racial equity lens to underpin all of its work, and
- Continue to be a learning organization.
The Foundation’s Board of Trustee makes grant awards to nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organizations across the state.
Grants Administrator Job Description
Primary responsibilities of ZSR’s Grants Administrator include, but are not limited:
- Maintaining the Foundation’s Gifts Online (GO) grants management database.
- Maintaining and developing grant applications and grant requirements.
- Developing the Foundation’s master grant cycle calendar.
- Working with Program Staff and Administrative Staff to make and implement changes to enhance and streamline grant cycle processes, Gifts Online, etc.
- Corresponding with grantees for follow up information, grant payments, etc.
- Corresponding with applicants and grantees about questions and/or issues that might arise about grant processes or technical issues, when applying for a grant.
- Maintaining the grants reconciliation process.
- Assisting with scheduling site visits for Program Officers.
- Handling other matters pertaining to the grant cycle, as needed.
- Serving as the Foundation’s liaison with Blackbaud, the company that houses Gifts Online.
- Working with Blackbaud representatives, with ZSR’s Assistant Director’s oversight, to update the existing Gifts Online data system and streamlining Gifts Online to be more conducive to the needs of staff.
- Implementing new Gifts Online products and updates, which includes strategizing, testing, implementing, training staff, and writing instructions for staff reference.
- Maintaining Program Staff and Administrative Staff lens’ documents, which includes instructions and guidelines for the grantmaking processes.
As a member of the Foundation’s Administrative Staff, the Grants Administrator also is responsible for the following, including, but not limited to:
- Answering phone calls that come to the Foundation office.
- Assisting with bookkeeping duties as directed by the Foundation’s Bookkeeper.
- Prepare a semi-monthly payroll in conjunction with a contracting service.
- Reconciling monthly bank statements and preparing sales tax reports.
- Assisting as backup staff support for deposits, writing and mailing checks, and assisting with year-end books closeouts.
- Assisting the Foundation’s Travel/Meetings Coordinator with flights, overnight reservations, hotel meeting facilities, as needed.
- Handling and maintaining Verizon cell phone orders and working with Verizon representatives for various staff requests.
- Assisting with other administrative duties.
The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, highly organized, work under pressure, be a self-starter with excellent time-management skills, meet all deadlines, work well in a team environment, and provide effective customer-service support to grantees and to others who contact the Foundation. This individual also must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel and knowledgeable of all other Microsoft Office (including Outlook and PowerPoint). Use of the internet, fax machine, copier, printers, scanner and telephone also is required.
Blackbaud software such as Gifts Online and FENXT, as well as experience with Accounts Payable/Finance and database management, is a plus.
Minimum education requirements include an Associates degree plus two years relevant work experience or a high school diploma with equivalent experience.
To apply for this position, please email your resumé, cover letter and compensation expectations to email@example.com with “ZSR” in the subject line.
The salary range for this position is competitive and is based upon the candidate’s level of knowledge, education, skills and experience. This is a fulltime position that is based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The Foundation provides an exemplary benefits package.
The deadline for applications is January 17, 2020 with final selection scheduled no later than February 3, 2020.
Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people of all races, genders, religions, ethnicities, nationalities and sexual preferences.