ZSR has appointed a Public Art Advisory Council (PAAC) to assist the Foundation in reviewing Letters of Intent and grant applications to recommend semi-finalists and finalists to ZSR’s Board of Trustees. ZSR's Board of Trustees will make final decisions regarding grant awards.
The PAAC is comprised of a demographically and geographically diverse group of North Carolinians, who possess expertise in art, public art, history, public history and/or community engagement.
Below is a list of PAAC members:
- Angela Thorpe, Acting Director, NC African American Heritage Commission (Raleigh, NC)
- Antoine Williams, Artist & Professor of Art at Guilford College (Greensboro, NC)
- Dr. Benjamin Speller, Historian & Retired Dean and Professor of the School of Library and Information Sciences at North Carolina Central University (Edenton, NC)
- Dr. Darin Waters, Associate Professor of Department of History at UNC Asheville & Executive Director for Community Engagement (Asheville, NC)
- Endia Beal, Artist & Director, Diggs Gallery at Winston-Salem State University (Winston-Salem, NC)
- Dr. Gerald Bolas, Community Histories Workshop at UNC Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC)
- Hernando Ramirez-Santos, Journalist & Board of Directors of Casa Azul of Greensboro (Greensboro, NC)
- Janet Kagan, Founder, Art-Force (Wilson, NC)
- Jessica Moss, Professor of Art at Queens University of Charlotte (Charlotte, NC)
- Kim Pevia, Founder, K.A.P., Inner Prizes (Red Springs, NC)
- Lizette Cruz Watko, Founder, Diamante Arts and Cultural Center (Cary, NC)
- Manoj Kesavan, Founder & Executive Director, Que-OS - BOOM Charlotte (Charlotte, NC)
- Dr. Richard Starnes, Dean & Professor of History at Western Carolina University (Cullowhee, NC)