HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATOR
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations, the Human Resources Administrator is directly responsible for the overall administration and coordination of Human Resources, including policies, procedures, programs, hiring and onboarding, and benefits. Although human resources is expected to be the primary focus of this role, the volume of human resources work is not expected to be full-time so the position will be assigned other operational duties as well. This is a new position on the Operations Staff.
The position requires wide knowledge of Human Resource policies, benefits administration, recruitment and hiring, and key principles of employment law and EEOC regulations. The position is full-time and is based in Winston-Salem, NC.
ABOUT THE Z. SMITH REYNOLDS FOUNDATION
The Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation (ZSR) is a statewide, private, family foundation, based in Winston-Salem, NC. For more than 85 years, ZSR has strived to support the efforts of North Carolinians to make our state a better place for everyone through investments totaling $667 million. Our All for NC Framework for Grantmaking and Learning includes three strategies: a State-Level Systemic Change Strategy; a Community-Based Strategy; and an Exploratory, Visionary Ideas Strategy. It also includes commitments to using a racial equity lens, to being a learning organization, and to participating in the life of the Foundation’s home community of Winston-Salem/Forsyth County.
To improve the quality of life for all North Carolinians.
Our core values:
- Fairness and Justice
- Dignity and Equity
- Civic Participation
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
All staff work together to live out the Foundation's mission and core values both in service to fellow North Carolinians and to each other. The Operations Staff ensures that Foundation internal processes are effectively executed in support of the Foundation’s mission, strategies, and commitments. The Human Resources Administrator’s primary duties would include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates recruitment activities including contracting with recruiters as needed, scheduling interviews, preparing interview packets for staff who will conduct interviews, and conducting background checks.
- Works with the leadership team in coordinating an effective onboarding program for new hires.
- Administers employee policies & procedures as well as the compensation program.
- Coordinates and assists the leadership team with the annual performance review process.
- Maintains all employee records and human resources policies and procedures.
- Administers employee benefits program including the annual renewal process, enrollments, changes, and terminations.Acts as a liaison with insurance brokers and providers.
- Collaborates with accounting on review of insurance premium invoices for accuracy and resolves discrepancies with carriers.
- Administers the flexible spending programs.
- Serves as a backup to the accountant for payroll duties as needed.
- Assists in compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Completes I-9 forms, verifies I-9 documentations, and maintains I-9 files.
- Assists with performance management and workforce development training and opportunities for staff.
- Responds to employees’ human resources related requests and inquiries.
- Administers the retirement plan and ensures timely and accurate completion of the annual 5500 filing.
- Administers the Foundation’s business-related insurance policies and coverage.
- Attends Board meetings and any other meetings of the Foundation as deemed necessary.Some overnight travel is required (<10%).
- Performs additional operational responsibilities as assigned to support the work of the Operations area and the Foundation.
- Commitment to the Foundation’s core values.
- 5+ years of related work experience in all aspects of human resources administration. SHRM certification a plus.
- Proven experience with key human resources related responsibilities such as hiring and recruitment, HR policy development, maintenance of employee manuals, and benefits administration.
- A Bachelor’s in human resources, business administration, or related discipline.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, listening).
- Highly detail-oriented, with superb organization and follow-through skills; proven ability to multi-task.
- Adept at problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment. Professional in handling confidential business matters and information with discretion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other relevant technologies; comfort with technology and ability to learn and adopt new computer software. Experience with human resources and payroll software a plus.
- Willing to reside in Forsyth County.
The Human Resources Administrator is expected to work on-site in the office most days, with some flexibility for remote work. Our office is in downtown Winston-Salem. Some travel is required to attend Board meetings or other Foundation meetings that may occur around the state.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Following are physical and mental requirements of the position as typically performed. Inability to meet one or more of these physical and mental requirements will not automatically disqualify a candidate or employee from the position. Upon request for a reasonable accommodation, the Foundation may be able to adjust or excuse one or more of these requirements, depending on the requirement, the essential functions to which it relates, and the proposed accommodation.
- Operates in a professional office environment and performs primarily sedentary work.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, copiers, and phones.
- Sits for prolonged periods at a desk. Frequent standing and walking. Occasional stooping, reaching, bending, climbing, pushing, pulling.
- Repetitive use of fingers and hands for typing and other tasks.
- Frequent listening, speaking, and use of visual acuity.
- Reading and writing at an intermediate to complex level.
- Occasional lifting up to 35 lbs.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary range is $75,000-$85,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits include generous paid time off (PTO) and holidays, health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, long-term disability insurance, sick leave and short-term disability, parental leave and a 403(b) retirement plan. There is no waiting period for participation in the 403(b) retirement plan. Other optional benefits include a flexible benefit plan, matching gifts program, professional development, and tuition reimbursement.
HOW TO APPLY
Click this link INDEED.COM - Human Resources Administrator to submit a resume and cover letter. Application Deadline: July 31, 2023.
The Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation is committed to equality and diversity. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply regardless of socio-economic status, gender expression, gender and sexual identity, or cultural background. The Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against applicants or employees based on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected class.